From Earlham CS Department
Here's the procedure for starting up LittleFe:
- Open the box.
- Plug in the power and Ethernet cables for each node.
- Plug in the power strip to an outside power source and apply power.
- Wait about 15 seconds for the switch and WAP to stabilize.
- Turn on littlefe0 (the one with the handle).
- While littlefe0 is coming up, get your laptop on wireless and start trying to ping littlefe0 (192.168.10.100). [We should get average boot time for littlefe0.]
- Once littlefe0 is up, turn on all the other nodes. You can use ruptime on littlefe0 to see when the other nodes are ready.
In an emergency, use this LILO command:
kernel-name init=/sbin/init single
This will prevent /linuxrc from being used as the init.