March 6, 2006
Alan, Colin, Tom, Maduna, Tom, Bryan, Jeff, Charlie
- Alex did the mojo and we now have DBI/DBD on the pmp. Next is finish transactions and cleanup code.
- Jeff emailed ARM about the watchdog timer, no word yet. Charlie will look at the BIOS setting.
- Colin will look into how to do damping of the direction and speed readimg.
- Colin will fix the graphs including the date ranges.
- Breadboard Wed at 1p
- Rainguage is working and recording data, congrats Tom and Maduna. Mounting, reseting discipline and technique, and display elements are all that's left.
- Windchill calculation, both the Davis interface firmware upgrade and the new formula. Bryan.
- X10 systems. Tom waded into this and found some stuff. Heyu. Alan will get a serial controller.
- Use WECI tower for annenometer mountings.
February 13, 2006
Alan, Jeff, Bryan, Colin, Maduna, Tom, Alex, Charlie
- C to read raw value, Perl (called from cron) to buffer to file and send to server every N times, server inserts into database and returns ACK to Perl.
- Use TV antenna for the tower.
- Check the TS-5600 library.
- Watchdog timer (Jeff)
- Rain gauge (Tom, Maduna)
- GPS (Alex, Jeff), solar radiation (Colin, Maduna)
- Alan's applications - 1) small machine that does temp and displays via http and send X10 commands out the serial interface with X10 switches and dial-up and ethernet interfaces. 2) robot to go in a house under remote control, B/W (or color) video, up stairs, 30 minute, budget of about $2000.
February 6, 2006
Tom, Colin, Alex, Maduna, Jeff, Bryan, Alan, Charlie
- Do we have a calibration/accuracy problem WRT wind direction? Rest of the stuff listed below (Colin, Alex, Bryan)
- GPS (Alex and Jeff)
- Watchdog timer (Jeff)
- Rain gauge, try plugging into the interface and testing (Maduna, Tom)
January 30, 2006
Colin, Alex, Tom, Jeff, Bryan, Maduna, Alan, Charlie
- Laid-out the architecture of the quark-pmp-wind components and the interfaces.
- Look at the TS-5600 library interface for reading ports rather than /dev/...
- Put together a circuit based on a voltage regulator supplied by the board power port.
Organization Meeting - January 11, 2006
Alex, Bryan, Colin, Tom, Maduna, Jeff, Charlie
- Regular meetings this semester will be on Monday at 12p in the Dennis 4th lab.
- Wind speed and direction - data aquisition/data transfer/packaging/deployment (Colin, Jeff, Alex, Bryan)
- GPS - data aquisition/data transfer/packaging/deployment/ntpd/clients (Alex, Jeff)
- Rain gauge - data aquistion/data transfer/visualization (Tom, Maduna)
- Solar radiation - data aquistion/data transfer (Colin, Maduna)
To Do February 2006
- Fix wind chill calculation, use new formula
- Figure-out watchdog timer on PMP
- Backup on PMP - just needs to be put in cron (Tom)
- Wind data for this area (Mary)
- Problems with direction - determine input voltage and calibrate to that (Alex and Colin)
- Stable voltage needed, e.g. when WiFi card is removed voltage fluctuates. Measure at start and end, if equal than ok.
- Porting wind speed and direction software and setup to pmp, made some progress (Mary, Alex, Colin)
- Speed working now, using sigalarm(), need a resistor? DIO for power.
- Direction isn't working yet.
- Next week on roof?
- Two weeks in field?
- Sleep and wake on pmp1 with watchdog timer (Mary)
- Weather Cam is working again, cluster camera to be setup in D209.
- RP&L Weather data, contact Gus Duke. Indiana American Water has a link which she sent. (Mary, Charlie)
- Rain guage, Mary has worked on it but it's not working. (Mary, Charlie)
- Solar radiation sensor, continues to make progress, conversion and data comparison (Colin)
- How to set angle/calibration.
- GPS setup with time server (Tom)