Hot Water Appliances and Fixtures:
- Miller Farm Water Fixtures (w/ hot water):
- (2) Showers
- (3) Bathroom Sinks
- (1) Kitchen Sink
- (1) Washing Machine
- Water Heater AO Smith ProMax ECT-52
- Element Wattage: 4500 Watts
- R-rating: 16
- Storage Capcity: 50 gal.
- Tempeature Setting: 125 degrees Farenheit (as per thermastat)
- Energy Efficiency Factor: .91
- First Hours Rating: 58-62 gallons
- Recovery Rate: 21 gallons by 90 degees F in one hour
- Clothes Washer Maytag model MAT12PDBAW
- Total Average Water Used per Load: 31.5 gal.
- Average Hot Water Used per Load: 6.5 gal.\
Hot Water Usage
Through using a number of online source we compiled these hot water estimates:
- Showering: 20 gal. (only the GRU table listed their number based on a 10 min. shower at 2.5 gal./min)
- Shaving: 2 gal.
- Washing Hands and Face: 2.6 gal.
- Shampooing Hair: 4 gal.
- Hand Dishwashing: 3.6 gal. (seems low)
- Clothes Washing: 25 gal. (only GRU listed usage for various washer settings, note that this number does not corrolate to the model information)
- Food Preparation: 5 gal. (DOE listings)
By using these estimates we figured that we use the following amount of hot water each week:
- 42 showers per week
- 12 shaves per week
- 100 hand and face washings
- 7 dish doings per week (one per day but figure 7.2 gallons as there are more occupants than what the above average assumes)
- 5 food prep
- 6 loads of laundry
The average daily usage is therefore: 192 gallons of hot water
- per person: 28 gallons of hot water per day
Note: The above estimates are made assuming 7 residents, which is the average annual number of occupants.