Google SoC Terms of Service
Google Summer of Code -- Terms of Service
Complete Terms. The highlights are below:
Mentor Organizations: Mentor organizations are individuals, groups, organizations and/or businesses engaged in the development and distribution of free and/or open source software. By submitting an application to participate as a mentor organization in the Google Summer of Code 2006 program, the mentor organization agrees to provide the following:
Need (very) soon:
- A pool of project ideas for students to choose from, publicly published by the mentor organization
- A person or persons available to take in student ideas should they not find something that appeals to them
- A person or persons available to review the incoming student applications targeted to the organization and to decide which applications should be accepted, meaning development begins on the accepted student proposals
- A person or persons to monitor the progress of the students and mentor them as the project proceeds (hereafter mentor(s))
- A mentor or mentors ready to take over for the aforementioned mentor(s) in the event s/he is unable to continue providing guidance to the accepted student applicant (e.g. goes on vacation)
Not so pressing:
- A written evaluation of each student developer, including how they worked with the group, if they should be invited back should we do another Summer of Code, etc.
- All necessary tax forms or other tax related documentation required to provide payment to the organization.