Students who have an exceptional level of preparation in computer science, especially in Python programming, should consider taking CS256 as their first computer science course. CS256 and CS128 are offered at the same time each term to allow students who sign up for one to shift to the other if they find that the other would be a better fit.
Students who are unsure about whether they are prepared for CS256 should contact the CS department faculty to discuss it.
These are the Earlham College General Education Requirements.
The CS Department major and minor requirements can be found here.
We will attempt to keep this up to date, and it should be up to date as of Jan 9 2017. If that's a while ago, check elsewhere.
|Natural Sciences||6 credits|
|Social Sciences||6 credits|
|Visual & Performing Arts||6 credits|
|Writing Intensive Course within your major (for most majors)|
|Earlham Seminar I & II|
|Abstract OR Quantitive Reasoning||1 Course (3 Credits)|
|Domestic Diversity||1 Course (3 Credits)|
|International Diversity||1 Course (3 Credits)|
|Language||2 Courses (10 Credits)|
|Wellness||4 Activity Courses OR
(1 2+ Credit Analysis course AND 2 Activity Courses)
A season of a sport counts as 2 Activity Courses
- In the Humanities, 100-level language courses do not count toward the divisional requirement.
- Courses cross-listed between divisions will by default count towards the professor’s home division. Students may petition the Registrar’s Office to request that the course count towards the cross-listed division, should the need arise.
- Any courses offered by departments or faculty with no clear divisional association will need to propose a rationale for divisional association, if one is desired. All proposals should be submitted in unit plans, with consultation with the convener of the target division.
- If no divisional association is requested, the course will not fulfill any divisional distribution requirements.
- Courses with unexpected or non-existent divisional associations will be clearly marked in the Curriculum Guide.