These are the computer and network services that the CS department provides.
We serve webpages over HTTP and HTTPS.
- Department home page is accessible here.
- User home pages are also available. Anything placed in ~username/www will appear at
SSH services run on all machines. This provides encrypted shell access to any machine, along with other encrypted services.
- Each cluster and CS have only one or two servers at any given time that are accessible from outside the CS and cluster subnets.
- For information on how to login to machines remotely, see this page.
Mail includes SMTP, IMAP, POP2, and POP3.
- Our mail transport server runs at mail.cs.earlham.edu.
- You can also use a mail reader such as Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook and use mail.cs.earlham.edu as your mail server. Make sure you use the mail submission port (587) rather than the mail transport port (25). It is also highly recommended that you enable TLS (encrypted) communications.
- Our IMAP and POP services run on mail.cs.earlham.edu.
- When using any mail reader, it is highly recommended that you use our secure IMAP or POP3 services, which run on ports 993 and 995, respectively.
- We operate open-source Postgres and MySQL RDBMSs on Bowie. If you require a database, contact the systems administrators.
Scientific and research computing
We run a collection of systems for scientific and research computing, collectively the cluster services in the cluster.earlham.edu domain. Information about these systems and their associated services can be found on this page.