Importing Posit into Eclipse
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- [Download the Posit source code from Mercurial] to somewhere you'll remember.
- Open Eclipse
- Go to File -> Import
- Under "General", click on "Existing Projects into Workspace"
- Hit Next
- Browse your workspace directory and find the Posit project folder you downloaded with Mercurial
- Check the "Copy projects into workspace" box
- Click Finish
- You may have to wait a while. There is a status animation in the lower right of Eclipse - wait until it is done!
- Install a Android Virtual Device Manager if you haven't already.
- Go to Window -> AVD Manager
- Select your emulated device
- Click 'Edit'
- Give the SD Card some space (e.g. 10 MiB)
- Under 'Hardware', make sure both GPS support and Camera support are installed and enabled.
- Click 'Edit AVD'
- Run the Emulator you just edited. Wait a really long time. if it works right, Posit is the globe icon in the menu with the other apps.
Please Note: If you have issues running the program try:
- Restarting Eclipse a couple of times
- Deleting any other projects from the "Package Explorer" toolbar (they will not delete from the workspace directory)
Please keep posting solutions if you run into any other problems