Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 TODO during this summer, 2009
- 2 Whats for the week of June 8, 2009
- 3 Whats for the week of June 22, 2009
- 4 What's for the week of June 29, 2009?
- 5 Packaging
- 6 Shopping List for Terry (updated on June 29)
- 7 Measurement for portable test kit
- 8 Infobomb Script
- 9 Editing Log
- 10 Note (How to log into to infobomb database)
- 11 Documentation on Zoey setup and mashup preparation
- 12 Zoey Guide
- 13 Inventory
TODO during this summer, 2009
- Testing H2O Unit "End to End"
- Use EcoWatch with 650 and sonde and optional GPS for ad-hoc sampling, link to instructions
- Test data flow from sonde to database via cell phone. Readings log and then correctly labeled graphs of all the parameters.
- Add the board's temperature to the data that is collected, uploaded, and graphed (see the eeapnode software for an example).
- Add the battery's voltage to the data that is collected, uploaded, and graphed.
- Test what happens WRT the board booting (with phone and sonde attached) when the battery is brought back from 0 charge to full charge.
- Identify/configure software for batch download and real-time download/mapping of eTrex datastream on Zoey.
- Springwood Install
- Design/build float
- Rename sensors to Springwood
- Weather station
- Reading values, inserting into database
- Portable testkits
- X-ray fluorescence (XRF) - link to inventory, link to instructions
- Thermal imaging camera (TIC) - link to inventory, link to instructions
- Sonde and 650 - link to inventory, link to instructions
- Netbook - link to inventory, link to instructions
- Differential GPS - link to inventory, link to instructions
- Keck Data Schema + Interfaces
- Wind @ miller
- Learning languages: Perl, Python, Bash
- O rings
- Bright orange fine point sharpie (rolling liquid?)
- Research netbook computers with built-in GPS gear which support some flavor of Linux
- GPS? Check Charlie's list
Whats for the week of June 8, 2009
- Design a raft for the springwood water monitoring kit.
- floating boats ideas:
http://www.connectadock.com/dock/1000Series/accessories.asp#anchor1000Comp http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/30-144-floating-dock-kits/polyethylenefloat-hollow-core-633131.aspx http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=87019&pdesc=Dockmate_Float_Drums&aID=602F&merchID=1009&r=view http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/edaskew/genbarge.html
- find the best angle for the solar panel for the springwood lake kit (== latitude of the area)
- Richmond, Indiana — Latitude: 39.829
- Get the second field unit working
- Change the name of the water monitoring kit from 4th Floor to Springwood
- Get all watt nodes on line and in DB
- Configure the single serial go sonde setting to get data directory from sonde.
- Get ready for Mashup discussion and finish documentation
Whats for the week of June 22, 2009
- Weather station
- Naming the water monitoring kits
- TS-7400 BIOS settings (auto Power on)
- Set serial speed for simplest water monitoring unit
What's for the week of June 29, 2009?
- To inquire software of WMR200A Professional Weather Center
- To synchronize weather station with linux
- To correct data into database
- To adjust pmp on springwood lake and cacti.
- To go Charlie's house on Tuesday 8:30 am.
- To load solar panel, pmp5, and Sonde kit on Charlie's track on Monday 3 pm.
- To finish packaging differential GPS
- To make inventories for each packages.
- To go to Springwood lake and check what's wrong.
- pmp5 BIOS
- To find software to read battery voltage in linux.
- Board temperature of pmp.
- To email Terry about shopping list and about drums.
- For Zoey and accessories: Pelican case 1470
- For Zoey: Carrying sleeve
- For Differential GPS: Pelican case 1470 and tripod stand
- For YSI650 + Sonde: Pelican case 1470
- For XRF: Pelican case 1430
- Add another 1470 for second Dell Mini
Shopping List for Terry (updated on June 29)
- NOTE: Both the Carrying sleeve and the tripod stand are at Amazon.com, while the pelican cases are all from pelicanonline-ralphs.com (Please follow the links).
- Soft Carrying Sleeve for Dell Inspiron Mini 9 Notebook
- Velbon Dual Function Mini Photographic/Video Tripod
- Four 1470 pelican cases, 1 black and 3 desert tan
- One 1430 black pelican case (only black available)
- NEW SHOPPING LIST (June 29, 2009)
- Netbook with GPS and webcam
- Bright orange fine point rolling liquid sharpie
- Transport cup cap O-ring
Measurement for portable test kit
- XRF (INNOV-X ALPHA)
- Dimensions: 30.5cm * 24.5cm * 8.0cm
- Weight: 1.6kg
- TIC (Fluke TiR1 Infrared Thermal Imager)
- Dimensions: 25.4cm * 12.7cm * 15.2cm
- Weight: 1.1kg
- Sonde (YSI 600R)
- Diameter: 4.2cm
- Length: 46.5cm
- Weight: 0.5kg
- Netbook (Dell Inspiron Mini 9)
- Dimensions: 23.2cm * 3.17cm * 17.2cm
- Weight: 1.03kg
- GPS (MAGELLAN eXplorist100)
- Dimensions: 5.6cm x 11.9cm x 3.3cm
- Weight: 0.164kg
- Printer(PS900 PrintStik Pocket Size Full Page Printer)
- Dimensions: 2.5cm * 27.3cm * 3.8cm
- Weight: 0.7kg
- pelican case
pelican case + battery + cellphone + pmp + charge controller = 38 lb
sonde = 2 lb
solar panel = 22 lb
solar panel stand = 15 lb
total = 77 lb = 35 kg
# for Cell Phone */15 * * * * /root/scripts/poll_all_sonde.pl; /root/scripts/process_readings-cell.sh; 0 * * * * /root/scripts/transfer-cell.pl
- autopoll (shell script)
- Run sonde_data.pl multiple times
infobomb@stewie:~$ crontab -u infobomb -l SHELL=/bin/bash MAILTO=infobomb HOME=/home/infobomb PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin # m h dom mon dow command */10 * * * * export PYTHONPATH='/home/infobomb'; export DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE=infobomb.settings; /home/infobomb/infobomb/scripts/run_infobomb_dataparser > /dev/null 2>&1 */30 * * * * export PYTHONPATH='/home/infobomb'; export DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE=infobomb.settings; /home/infobomb/infobomb/scripts/extract-n-check-data.pl > /dev/null 2>&1 */10 * * * * /home/infobomb/eeap/eeap_sync.py >> /home/infobomb/eeap/log.txt
- Changed password (Mikio)
- Changed password (Mikio)
Note (How to log into to infobomb database)
- How to log in to infobomb database?
- $psql -d infobomb -h db.cs.earlham.edu -U infobomb
- password: ***************
Documentation on Zoey setup and mashup preparation
- Level 1: How to correct data with YSI650 and Zoey (Mikio)
- Level 2: How to mash up map and graph (Sanele)
- Recover Ubuntu
- Update Ubuntu
- Virtual Box
- Windows XP
- Serial Driver
- Data Transfer (File name problem)