- 1 Projects
- 2 Fall 2012
- 3 Spring 2012
- 4 To Do Fall 2011
- 5 Spring 2011
- 6 To Do Summer 2010
- 7 To Do Start of Semester 2010
- 8 To Do October 2009
- 9 May 11, 2009
- 10 To Do Winter 2009
- 11 January 19, 2009
- 12 March 6, 2006
- 13 February 13, 2006
- 14 February 6, 2006
- 15 January 30, 2006
- 16 Organization Meeting - January 11, 2006
- 17 To Do February 2006
- HIP:LittleFe Touchscreen qt Interface (LittleFe)
- HIP:LittleFe Touchscreen Display (LittleFe)
- HIP:Outback Serial Interface
- Miller Farm Wind Project
- HIP:Temperature Sensors
- YSI 600R Sonde Unit
- YSI 650 Multiparameter Display System
- Display Wall
- TS-7000 Series (TS-Linux)
- eTrex GPS
- Differential GPS
- TS-GSM1 cell modem
- RTPB3-12 Temperature Probe
Documentation for Portable Units
- SONDES AND 650
- YSI 600R sonde unit
- DIFFERENTIAL GPS
- For zoey, see inventory for list of items in the kit
- Also see inventory for TIC and see manuals for directions on how to use it
- TV Mount for Lilly Library
- Make sure pen driver starts up as soon as machine is turned on
- Make sure chromium starts automatically when machine is turned on
- Make sure chromium goes to full screen as soon as it is initiated
- Set the home web page
- Set keyboard in background
- Setup sshd
- Disable ubuntu updates (because the pup us updates allow people to get acces to machine and its programs). We want to make a kiosk out of this station (just as it is on the Dennis entrance)
- Figure out if we can have 2 pens connected at the same time (left and right) (With the center mount of the holder is this is necessary?)
- Figure out sensor motion and make sure its driver starts automatically as well.
- Improve about us - pictures
- Signage in Lilly (maybe "green map")
- Physical box for suggestions and improvements
- eDisplay v2
- Use source control
- Fix recent introduced crashing
- Split, total and all other buildings in to 2 separate charts - one above other (Since we have a larger screen now)
- Data normalization
- Merge CS Wikis
- Energy Wars 2012 Prep.
Notes from the 2 February 2012 meeting:
- Blower door training was done for 3 groups, nice work gang.
- Darken the axis labels on the energy display (Gustavo, Tristan)
- Develop a small weather display, integrate into energy display, send to Content folks (Gustavo, Tristan)
- Prepare for electrical consumption data from multiple buildings (Gustavo, Tristan)
- Re-consider the locations and types of screens to use for the eDisplays, next lunch meeting (All)
- Screen savers on all the ECS lab machines (Ben to speak with Tom Steffes)
- Lilly Library
- Earlham Hall
- Consider iPads for Admissions and the President's office lounge area
- For larger units consider an automagic rotating display rather than a remote control
- Degree day calculations based on Dick Smith's email (Corey)
- Weather data to Postgres (Ivan, Sotheary
- Solar array power production to Postgres (Tristan, Sotheary)
- SEPAM addressing (Ivan, Mikel, Ben)
- Button-up solar array wiring (Ben, Alex)
- Weather station installation fixup (Ivan, Sotheary, Corey)
- Weather Station
- Building monitoring
- Solar cleanup
- Raise wind turbine
- plug in Edisplay to solar inverter
- solar / wind power production into database
To Do Fall 2011
- Fix network port for DELL (CP) - Sunday
- Move weather data to postgress (IB) - Working on transfer script and writing directly to postgres, filter bogus data in a view
- Finish wiring on solar (TW, BS) - Waiting on wall clips, Ben to send Charlie the size
- Finish EDisplay (S, G) - Checking comment script, add weather, add more buildings when data is available
- Mount EDisplays (ALL) - Networking on Sunday
- Figure out best high visibility project (ALL) - Ben working on boiler spec and setting-up a Friday lunch meeting with Portland company.
- Figure out SEPAM addressing (BS, CP) - Maintenance is hiring a Scheinder Electric person who will do this while on-campus
- Engineer individual building monitors (BS) - Considering a Square D unit since we work with a lot of that gear already.
- Information sign (TW, IB)
- Degree day calculations (Corey)
- Occupancy normalization - (All) Consider number of person hours per building per day.
5 February Telecon
- Touchscreen display
- GVStreamer setup
- PM8 monitoring
- Clean forth floor (Dennis and London ;))
To Do Summer 2010
- There is also a shared Google Doc (umm-Active?) that has this
- GPS + Proto? (maybe not) + stewie
- Portable kits
- Solar panel power production to database via infobomb
- Wind Generation
- What's happening with the weather station-can we visualize
- What can we do with the GPS on top of Dennis
- Whom are we supposed to talk to about the portable kits
- how, and where can I find documentation for the GPS?
- Can we get a windows OS for Zoey?
To Do Start of Semester 2010
- install Weather Display for Linux Console (no X Windows) on proto
- Do documantation for the packages and find the TIC (Ben Johnson and Gab in Physics)
- Fiddle with sondes and infobomb and see if you can get something out of it.
- Find source code for consolewd
- ask DPalin to if he can send a copy of his config.txt, and if he has the source code.
- Do the documetation.
To Do October 2009
- List of things to talk about
- weather station
- water sonds
- Denis wind
- List of things to do
- dinner at miller farm on Sunday night
- move wind gen to miller farm on sunday
- move weather station
- debug Django(Charlie)
May 11, 2009
- Created Project Page for Summer 2009
To Do Winter 2009
- Work on the water monitoring devices
- Work on the weather
- Work on wind
- should we wash the sonds?
- Do we have some of the sond "condoms"?
- Are we going to have Zoey monitoring
the weather or we we are gonna find another machine, or we are going to work on trying to find a linux compatible software??
- What is happening with the packages we prepared last summer??
Green Science Projects
- Blower door test
- Keck unit
- Solar Hot water
- solar / wind power production into eDisplay
January 19, 2009
- Our meeting time is on every Friday from 12:10 to 1 pm (with lunch).
- Projects working on:
- traffic cam
- water monitoring
- short term weather forecasting (potentially)
March 6, 2006
Alan, Colin, Tom, Maduna, Tom, Bryan, Jeff, Charlie
- Alex did the mojo and we now have DBI/DBD on the pmp. Next is finish transactions and cleanup code.
- Jeff emailed ARM about the watchdog timer, no word yet. Charlie will look at the BIOS setting.
- Colin will look into how to do damping of the direction and speed readimg.
- Colin will fix the graphs including the date ranges.
- Breadboard Wed at 1p
- Rainguage is working and recording data, congrats Tom and Maduna. Mounting, reseting discipline and technique, and display elements are all that's left.
- Windchill calculation, both the Davis interface firmware upgrade and the new formula. Bryan.
- X10 systems. Tom waded into this and found some stuff. Heyu. Alan will get a serial controller.
- Use WECI tower for annenometer mountings.
February 13, 2006
Alan, Jeff, Bryan, Colin, Maduna, Tom, Alex, Charlie
- C to read raw value, Perl (called from cron) to buffer to file and send to server every N times, server inserts into database and returns ACK to Perl.
- Use TV antenna for the tower.
- Check the TS-5600 library.
- Watchdog timer (Jeff)
- Rain gauge (Tom, Maduna)
- GPS (Alex, Jeff), solar radiation (Colin, Maduna)
- Alan's applications - 1) small machine that does temp and displays via http and send X10 commands out the serial interface with X10 switches and dial-up and ethernet interfaces. 2) robot to go in a house under remote control, B/W (or color) video, up stairs, 30 minute, budget of about $2000.
February 6, 2006
Tom, Colin, Alex, Maduna, Jeff, Bryan, Alan, Charlie
- Do we have a calibration/accuracy problem WRT wind direction? Rest of the stuff listed below (Colin, Alex, Bryan)
- GPS (Alex and Jeff)
- Watchdog timer (Jeff)
- Rain gauge, try plugging into the interface and testing (Maduna, Tom)
January 30, 2006
Colin, Alex, Tom, Jeff, Bryan, Maduna, Alan, Charlie
- Laid-out the architecture of the quark-pmp-wind components and the interfaces.
- Look at the TS-5600 library interface for reading ports rather than /dev/...
- Put together a circuit based on a voltage regulator supplied by the board power port.
Organization Meeting - January 11, 2006
Alex, Bryan, Colin, Tom, Maduna, Jeff, Charlie
- Regular meetings this semester will be on Monday at 12p in the Dennis 4th lab.
- Wind speed and direction - data aquisition/data transfer/packaging/deployment (Colin, Jeff, Alex, Bryan)
- GPS - data aquisition/data transfer/packaging/deployment/ntpd/clients (Alex, Jeff)
- Rain gauge - data aquistion/data transfer/visualization (Tom, Maduna)
- Solar radiation - data aquistion/data transfer (Colin, Maduna)
To Do February 2006
- Fix wind chill calculation, use new formula
- Figure-out watchdog timer on PMP
- Backup on PMP - just needs to be put in cron (Tom)
- Wind data for this area (Mary)
- Problems with direction - determine input voltage and calibrate to that (Alex and Colin)
- Stable voltage needed, e.g. when WiFi card is removed voltage fluctuates. Measure at start and end, if equal than ok.
- Porting wind speed and direction software and setup to pmp, made some progress (Mary, Alex, Colin)
- Speed working now, using sigalarm(), need a resistor? DIO for power.
- Direction isn't working yet.
- Next week on roof?
- Two weeks in field?
- Sleep and wake on pmp1 with watchdog timer (Mary)
- Weather Cam is working again, cluster camera to be setup in D209.
- RP&L Weather data, contact Gus Duke. Indiana American Water has a link which she sent. (Mary, Charlie)
- Rain guage, Mary has worked on it but it's not working. (Mary, Charlie)
- Solar radiation sensor, continues to make progress, conversion and data comparison (Colin)
- How to set angle/calibration.
- GPS setup with time server (Tom)
Useful Support Documents from Davis Instruments:
Other local data that can easily be harvested: Farmland
- Technologic Systems TS56000 single board computer running Linux off a SANDisk.
- URL for the board and documentation
- To Do
- Port threaded anemometer code, change code to use local analog/digital inputs
- Setup NFS mounting of / on the pmp from proto
- Test analog and digital inputs
- Setup and test WiFi interface
- Test and document backup and recovery procedure
- Identify and recover missing files from SANDisk
- Design and implement data collection, sleep, and data transfer functions
- The Wind direction sends an analogue number.
- The wind speed is the number of pulses per 2.25 second interval. The number of pulses is the windspeed in MPH.
- We are using a Digi PortServer TS 2, SN=V40611264
- URL of the documentation
- Rain guage:
- Sends a pulse every time the cup switches.