Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 20/Oct - 22/Oct
- Continued to work on Survey Paper revision. Added images, changed or expanded explanations in a few places, identified ideas for further research. Added bibliography, citations, and table of contents.
- Expanded section on parallelizing FFTs and added subsection about FFTW
- Edited section on frequency spectrum, added an image. More expansion to come.
- Added section describing the 3 main states of a speech wave.
- Continued to read about Fourier Series and Fourier Analysis
- Started section about pedagogical aspects of the project, not much yet
- Did a bit here and there, not much
- Worked on pedagogical section, added more prose to introduction
- started working on getting FFTW installed to play with
- Downloaded Audacity and started messing with it
- Downloaded sndtofftw and looked at it
- Updated 26/Oct
- Updated 31/Oct
- Updated 5/Nov
- Updated 6/Nov
- Updated 7/Nov
- Updated 12/Nov
- Updated 13/Nov
- Updated 4/Dec
To Do List // Notes
- Find a good picture and some more information on formants. At least picture
- More understanding of Fourier math - OK
- Is there anything that explains the Fourier series in a similar way to "Who Is Joseph Fourier?" -- Yes. The wiki page. Duh.
- How to use FFTW - snd2fftw? Windows utility, no makefile, easily cross-platform compatible?
- section about pedagogical aspects of the project - Added
- Analyzing the voice section: How to get from sound file to DFT
- How do I get from audio file to an array? of values I can give to FFTW?
- Differences between male and female voice - Done
- Look into Octave (open source analog of MatLab)
- Related technologies//applications
- Kurzweil's device
- Docomo translator