Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 20/Oct - 22/Oct
- Continued to work on Survey Paper revision. Added images, changed or expanded explanations in a few places, identified ideas for further research. Added bibliography, citations, and table of contents.
- Expanded section on parallelizing FFTs and added subsection about FFTW
- Edited section on frequency spectrum, added an image. More expansion to come.
- Added section describing the 3 main states of a speech wave.
- started working on getting FFTW installed to play with
- Downloaded Audacity and started messing with it
- Updated 26/Oct
- Updated 31/Oct
- Updated 5/Nov
- Updated 6/Nov
- Updated 7/Nov
- Updated 12/Nov
To Do List // Notes
- Find a good picture and some more information on formants. At least picture
- More understanding of Fourier math
- Is there anything that explains the Fourier series in a similar way to "Who Is Joseph Fourier?" -- Yes. The wiki page. Duh.
- How to use FFTW
- section about pedagogical aspects of the project
- Analyzing the voice section: How to get from sound file to DFT
- How do I get from audio file to an array? of values I can give to FFTW?
- Differences between male and female voice
- Look into Octave (open source analog of MatLab)